Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship
Innovation and entrepreneurship are ubiquitous in today’s modern competitive landscape. Firms that sit still are left behind as new leaders or indeed the entire industry surges ahead. For firms to survive they must invent groundbreaking new products, think outside the box in order to deliver services with unparalleled value, fundamentally rework their internal activities and processes to create competitive advantage, and reinvent the game by diving into so called “Blue Oceans” and “White Spaces” with novel business models. As open innovation perspectives come to be fully embraced by organizations, entire business ecosystems are fundamentally shifting and competition becomes value-chain against value-chain, not company against company.
In this rapidly changing landscape it is critical that employees and managers alike understand how to overcome both the strategic and tactical challenges of organizational innovation. The Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship (IME) MS program will help you learn how to overcome these challenges.
- 30 credits, 1 Year full-time or 2 years part-time
- Flexible Scheduling (most courses offered online, over weekends, and/or in the evening)
- Leverages Fox PMBA classes (PMBA students have 3-5 years average work exp. = great networking)
- Uniquely collaborative program includes business-people, scientists, designers, lawyers, etc…
- Capstone course is a hands-on business plan writing course which helps students to commercialize their own technology, their company’s technology, or gives them access to a portfolio of Temple’s protected IP / technology (via partnership w/ Temple’s Technology Transfer Office)
- Prepares students to take PDMA’s New Product Development Professional (NPDP) certification exam
The IME MS offers three different tracks or areas of focus: Innovation Strategy, Technology & Innovation Management (jointly offered by Fox School of Business and Temple’s Engineering School), and Entrepreneurship. Each track is designed for maximum flexibility with 12 credits of electives so students can emphasize areas of interest.
Title: Assistant Professor & Academic Director