The Legal Studies major provides a broad overview of the legal system in both a personal and business setting. This major is solid preparation for law school or for a job in the business community.
A Curriculum That Focuses On Your Career
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Program with a major in Legal Studies has a dual purpose. It prepares you for success in the business world and acts as a pre-law major. The program is fully accredited by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and offers:
- A blend of theory and practice.
- Faculty that are law trained with a staff that includes judges and practitioners.
- Exposure to landmark court cases, trial simulations and the negotiation process.
- Skills employees need and law schools look for: problem solving, oral and written communication, critical and innovative thinking, and leadership.
- An overview of the legal system and how the laws affect individuals and business entities.
- Courses offered include the law of contracts; how to start a business; international law; the United States Constitution; sports law; consumer issues such as bankruptcy, credit and traffic tickets; ethics; real estate practice; legal research; and the law dealing with E-Commerce, copyright and patent protection.
For more information, visit the Curriculum page.
Get A Head Start on Your Career: Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
Learn what law school and the legal profession are really like by joining Temple’s pre-law chapter of this law fraternity.
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International is the world’s largest legal fraternity composed of pre-law members, law students, practicing attorneys, legal educators, judges, and elected officials. At Temple, chapter members sponsor guest speakers on law related topics, learn how to prepare for law school, serve as jurors in the trial programs offered by Temple School of Law, and assist students in gaining internships within the legal community.
Career Opportunities in Legal Studies
Temple is well connected with the Philadelphia region, business and legal community. Our alumni network includes more than 33,000 business professionals, most of whom work in the region. Legal Studies graduates can pursue a legal education in law school, or they can compete with other business majors for entry-level managerial positions. After all, the fundamental marketing tool for such a graduate is the awareness of potential legal conflicts and the ability to avoid these legal complications. Furthermore, Legal Studies majors may also compete in the criminal justice field with jobs in the government sector including the court system, the FBI and state criminal justice agencies.
Accelerated 3 Year BBA
Motivated students can accelerate their BBA program to finish in 3 years. Please see the suggested sequence.
The Fox Online BBA
The same renowned faculty, international accreditation and supportive community experience of a traditional Fox School of Business classroom. Minus the room.
You can now complete your undergraduate business degree online – without the commute. The program is specifically targeted toward adult learners who want the most flexible and supportive way to finish their degree.Click here to learn more about the Fox Online BBA.