Fox Study Abroad Process
Do Your Homework – Start Planning
- Attend Foundations of Study Abroad session
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to make an academic plan. Consider what courses will fit in your program and take into account residency requirements:
– The majority (at least 51%) of each major, minor, certificate must be completed through Fox unless otherwise specified in the requirements for the minor or certificate.
– A minimum of 50% of a student’s business courses must be completed through Fox.
– 45 of the student’s last 60 credits must be taken at Temple University.
– To graduate with Latin Honors, a student must complete at least 60 semester hours of the program matriculated at Temple.
- Meet with Study Abroad Advisor in 200 Tuttleman regarding:
– Program options
– Course offerings
– Request for Approval to Study Abroad form
– Visa information
– Scholarship information
- Attend Financing Study Abroad, Scholarship, and program-specific info sessions.
Prepare for the Selected Program
- For External Programs, gather any syllabi needed to have courses evaluated.
- Submit Approval to Study Abroad form and course syllabi for review
- Submit Business and GenEd course evaluations to your academic advisor
- Submit free elective courses to specific department evaluator.
- Your advisor will contact you once the business evaluations are received, your course approval will be signed, and a copy will be kept for your academic file.
- Submit complete course approval to Education Abroad.
- Follow up on your next steps with Education Abroad
Enjoy your experience abroad.
- Take your academic plan with you.
- Register for your returning semester during priority registration.
- Contact your advisor to set-up a virtual advising appointment if needed.
- Remember to request your transcript at the completion of your study abroad program and have it sent to:
Education Abroad & Overseas Campuses
200 Tuttleman Learning Center
1809 N 13th St
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Follow-up with your advisor the following semester to confirm credits were posted.
Special note: You are responsible to keep copies of all your documentation.