Center for Undergraduate Advising
- Matriculated undergraduate students at Temple are expected to take all of their courses at Temple, unless they receive permission in advance to take courses at another institution. Prior permission is required to receive transfer credit for courses taken elsewhere once you are a student at Temple.
Who should complete this form? Students who have transfer credit and grades of C or higher for Accounting 2101, Marketing 2101 and/or Risk Management 2101.
Why? Many upper level courses in Accounting, Marketing, and Risk Management have minimum grade prerequisites of C for the courses listed above. Temple’s registration system does not recognize grades for transfer courses; completion of this form allows us to verify your grades and amend your records to prevent registration problems associated with this issue.
- Use this to help you chart your plan of study to be sure you can finish by your anticipated graduation date
- Be sure you have prerequisite courses scheduled in the proper order
- The Suggested Sequence of taking courses for your major, found in your Undergraduate Bulletin (use the Bulletin Archives if needed for your Catalog Year) can help you decide when to take your courses
- Consider using summers for co-ops, or internships
- If you wish to voluntarily withdraw from the university for one or two semesters (fall and/or spring), you are strongly encouraged to apply for a Leave of Absence (LOA).
- If approved, you will remain eligible for the same requirements as when you declared your major
- You will also have access to Temple e-mail, university library systems, and priority and self registration for the approved semester of return.
- By contrast, students who leave the university without any notice and without an approved LOA must apply to be re-enrolled and, if allowed to return, must follow the most recent university curricular requirements in place for the semester of their return.
- University Policy on Leave of Absence
Medical (Excused) Withdrawal
- To be used when a serious medical circumstance, family emergency, or change in employment beyond your control prevents you from continuing with ALL of your courses in the semester.
- An exception to allow a medical withdrawal from only one course may be made if the medical circumstance directly interferes with the completion of only this course, e.g., you have broken your leg and are unable to continue with your Dance class.
- Appropriate documentation is required and is outlined in the medical withdrawal form.
- Students should discuss their situation with their academic advisor, their instructors and Student Financial Services to determine the best course of action before proceeding with any withdrawal.
- Request permission to register for more than 8 credits in one summer session or more than 18 credits in the fall or spring
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 and a MEETING WITH AN ADVISOR is required for approval.
- Who needs to complete this application?
Matriculated students who have not enrolled for one fall or spring semester without permission to study elsewhere or an approved leave of absence who would like to continue their education in the Fox School of Business and Management. Students academically dismissed from Temple University are eligible to apply for reinstatement after 8 semesters not including summer sessions.
- Application deadlines
July 1 for fall semester; December 1 for spring semester; April 1 for summer semester. Applications must be complete and deadlines are strictly enforced.
- fall applications are reviewed in June/July; spring applications are reviewed in November/December; summer applications are reviewed in April. Applicants will be notified of readmit decisions by email (if provided) or U.S. Mail once reviewed. Allow 4 – 6 weeks after the deadline for a decision.
- Did you enroll elsewhere while you were not at Temple ?
You must have official transcripts sent directly to the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Temple University:
1801 North Broad Street, Conwell Hall 103
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122-6096
- transcripts must be received by the deadline for consideration for readmission
- Do you have any holds (except academic holds) on your record?
All holds must be cleared by the application deadline for consideration for readmission.
- Program requirements upon return
You must meet current program requirements upon return and upper level business courses (those numbered 100 or higher) earned previously may no longer apply toward the degree if the absence is 5 or more years
- This form is used to add or drop courses with instructor’s approval.
You can print these forms in Adobe PDF format. Note: you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open pdf files. You can download Acrobat Reader free from Adobe’s web site.
Fox Advising's Twitter Feed
Twitter / @FoxAdvising Twitter / @FoxAdvising Fox Advising's Blog Posts
April 21st, 2014
April 21st, 2014
Twitter / @FoxAdvising Fox Advising's Blog Posts
Fox Advising's Blog Posts