Fox Information Technology
Most business courses use technology in and out of the classroom. Any student who is serious about a career in business needs to use the technology tools used in business today.
Though the Fox School does not have a formal computer requirement, we strongly recommend that students purchase laptops while at Fox. Students with laptops can use wired and wireless connections in several classrooms and labs, and in “Wireless Zones” around the Fox School and at locations throughout campus. The Temple University Help Desk supports Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Vista and Macintosh Laptops as well as Windows 8.
Our Minimum recommended system requirements for laptop purchases:
Laptop Hardware Recommendation
- Minimum Intel core i3 Processor (i5 preferred) or AMD Equivalent
- 4 - 8 GB RAM
- 500GB hard drive or 128GB solid state hard drive
- 13.3 inch LCD display recommended
- 802.11 G/N Wi-Fi compatible wireless card (N preferred)
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Extended warranty of at least 3 years
- Temple University’s Computer Purchase Guidelines
Get a discount for your laptop when buying from suggested vendors.