Vision & Mission
With nearly a hundred years of history behind us, our vision is to be a top public urban business school in the country, and among the leading business schools in the world.
We transform lives by creating and sharing knowledge, while instilling values that prepare leaders for tomorrow’s world. Our vision and values guide our teaching, research and school management.
- Excellence: We value excellence in teaching, research and school management.
- Creativity: We value innovation and creative thinking.
- An entrepreneurial culture: We value effective decision-making and entrepreneurial implementation of ideas.
- Ethical behavior and respect for others: We value ethical practice and diverse perspectives.
- Community Engagement: We value building partnerships with all stakeholders and the community we serve.
Transform lives through education. Russell Conwell’s mission was to provide a gateway to opportunity for talented and determined students, including those with lesser financial means. We build on this mission, making sure our students acquire the skills they will need in the global marketplace.
We are committed to the following:
- Providing quality, student-centered business education.
- Engaging in relevant research and advanced doctoral training and expanding the frontiers of knowledge and business education.
- Extending our education, research and outreach efforts to be responsive to the driving forces of our economy including globalization, sustainability, ethics, entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology.
- Integrating leading-edge information technology into teaching, learning, research, and school management necessary for managing in an increasingly competitive, dynamic, global economy.
- Providing the best professional development and career management opportunities for our students, faculty and staff with special efforts to facilitate development of ethical values, social networking skills and leadership.
- Linking, through our curriculum, research and outreach to the dominant and growth industries in our region: financial services, healthcare, pharmaceuticals/ biotechnology, information technology, and tourism.
- Engaging our diverse stakeholders to improve our school and serve our community.