History of Fox
Established in 1918, the Richard J. Fox School of Business and Management name was conferred in 1999. The School has a long history of innovation in education, introducing new curriculum and programs in advance of current business trends. Accreditation ensures that the school continually meets high standards in admissions policy, curricula, faculty, library and computer facilities, and educational innovation and technology.
The Fox School of Business and Temple University were first accredited to provide undergraduate education by AACSB International – Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business – in 1934. In 1942, the school added an MBA program. By 1970, when the MBA became a vital tool for career development, the program was already well-known in the region. The continued expansion and strengthening of the program led to its accreditation in 1973 by AACSB. The PhD program was established and accredited in 1976; the school now offers two PhD programs – in Business Administration and Statistics. The most recent reaffirmation of accreditation of the School was in 2005.
With over 65,000 graduates, two-thirds of whom live and work in the Philadelphia metropolitan area, the Fox School of Business is the primary source of management talent in the region. This important network of business associates continues to connect with the Fox School by mentoring and advising students; speaking at events; introducing employers to the school, resulting in internship, recruitment and hands-on learning opportunities; and providing financial support.